Kingly News

Though it will bore most of the world, here's a means of keeping track of what's happening with the King household.

Monday, March 01, 2004

We finally noticed something strange today. We've told dozens of people about Hannah going from 13 pounds 6 ounces to 14 pounds 1 ounce, and have exulted over the "7-ounce gain!" It's even in the last post. I thought about just editing it, but it's too fun to tell this story on ourselves. Did anyone happen to notice that the difference between 13 pounds 6 ounces and 14 pounds 1 ounce is more than 7 ounces? Janet felt a little foolish, but then, nobody else seems to have caught it either. I certainly didn't, and I'm supposed to be a copy editor. What it means is that Hannah didn't gain 7 ounces from Monday to Friday last week. She gained 11 ounces! Whoa!

(Janet here... I have always been somewhat measurement challenged. I can m"measure" with my eye but numbers? Forget it! I think I was thinking in feet... 12 inches to a foot = 12 ounces to a pound! Hey! If it's not in 10's... )

When we realized that, we decided that this could possibly be too fast, and that if she has that rate of gain when we go to the doctor for her nine-month checkup tomorrow we're going to talk to the doctor about possibly backing off on her calories.

On the other hand, when they weighed her last Friday she was just starting to dirty her diaper. Maybe it was quite a load she was waiting to get rid of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home