Kingly News

Though it will bore most of the world, here's a means of keeping track of what's happening with the King household.

Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Hannah Emily King was born at 8:53 a.m. this morning. She weighted 7 pounds, 1.6 ounces, and measured 18.5 inches in length. She had all her fingers and toes and also apparently attitude. A good one. A strong one. She cried to exercise her lungs, but mostly has been looking around at her near surroundings with the puzzled look you get when you wake up someplace you don't expect to. That "wow, it must have been some party" look. The "I know I should recognize this, but I don't" look.

We had intended for me to come home tonight, but plans have changed. Janet decided (and rightly so) that I should stay there tonight in case she needs help with the baby in the middle of the night. I have hastily come home to take care of some errands and grab some overnight stuff. In my haste, I forgot to bring the camera to download pictures, but I'll get them up within the next 24 hours or so. Keep watching here.

The main thing: Hannah is healthy, Janet seems to have come through fine, Zach is thrilled, and I am stunned--happily so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home